The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant CSM Agents Create Contacts or Accounts

Richard T
Kilo Guru

We have an issue at the moment in that the OOOB Roles for Customer Service Management do not allow our CSM agents to create or update contacts.

Not all of our Customers are keen to use the Portal functionality and prefer phone and email and this causes a problem when they request for new contacts to be added to an account or for basic Account Details to be updated.

Although this access is available to the Customer Service Manager, within our organisation they have more important jobs to do than create contacts.

What would be the easiest way to give a customer service agent the abillity to create and update contacts and accounts?

Thanks for any advice.

10 REPLIES 10

Alberto Consonn
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi,

the best practice in your case is to provide the role sn_customerservice.customer_admin to CSM Agents.

In this way, they will be able to create/update Contacts and Accounts.

For any other information, please check the following official documentation:

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-customer-service-management/page/product/customer-service...

If I have answered your question, please mark my response as correct and/or helpful.

Thank you very much

Cheers
Alberto

Hi Alberto

Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated.

Would that cause an issue having an "external" role along sinde "internal" ones?

No, there shouldn't be any issue like that, you can give it a try in a test instance before production and see how it works.

thanks, I will do.

I will let you know how I get on and thanks again.