The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to developer instance using new user

antonkravtsov
Kilo Contributor

I created a new user and given her all available roles on my developer instance.

After that I tried to login into my developer instance using new user credentials.

Unfortunately, I was unable to do that. There is the   question:

1. Is there any limitation for developer instance to do login using just one preconfigured admin user credentials given with the instance? Or I'm missing something?

4 REPLIES 4

amlanpal
Kilo Sage

Hi Anton,

Request you to navigate System Security-->Users & Groups-->Users-->Open the newly created User record-->Try to set the 'Password' with some predefined value & for security concern select 'Password needs reset'. Please note down the 'User ID' and the 'Password' which you have given.

Once you are done with the steps, please ask the person (or you may try by yourself by logging yourself out) to login your Developer instance and Provide the 'User Name' and 'Password' respectively.

I hope this helps. Please mark correct/helpful based on impact

Yes, it works.

So, there is another question appears: how to create a user using the script with an ability to do log in?

There is my code:

var rec = new GlideRecord('sys_user');

rec.initialize();

//TODO: generate password and save to app property

var password = new FluentPro_GeneratePassword().generatePassword();

rec.user_password = password;

rec.name = 'Some user name';

rec.user_name = sample_user_name;

rec.insert();

Hi Anton,

In this scripted case I can see that the User account is created with the below details.

Name: 'Some user name'

User ID: sample_user_name //sample_user_name is seemed to be a variable (as it is not in "") which is defined earlier somewhere in the script. Please check that.

Password: Please find what the Function "generatePassword" in the Script include "FluentPro_GeneratePassword" returns. The value which is returned is the Password

I hope this helps. Please mark correct/helpful based on impact

Hi antonkravtsov,

Did you able to have a look at my last response?

If I have answered your question, please mark my response as correct so that others with the same question in the future can find it quickly and that it gets removed from the Unanswered list.

If you are viewing this from the community inbox you will not see the correct answer button.   If so, please review How to Mark Answers Correct From Inbox View