The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare glide date and glide date time fields

sk59
Tera Expert

Hi,

I have two fields glide date(Start Date,End Date) and glide date time(Process Date) fields.

If the fields are having the dates as below am trying to fetch the records which has the condition Process Date > Start Date and Process Date < End Date

Ex:

Start Date - 1:10:2017       End Date - 31:10:2017

Process Date - 31:10:2017 11:59:59

I am able to get all the records which has the date between 1:10:2017 and 31:10:2017 except the last day of the month (Ex: 31:10:2017 10:00:00)

Please suggest the possible ways to get those records as well.

Thanks in Advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Gaurav Bajaj
Kilo Sage

Hi,

It better to get the date out of process date with glideDateTiime Object and then run the comparison.

var gdt = new GlideDateTime("31-10-2017 11:59:59"); // place your porcess date field here

var pdt=gdt.getDate();

if(pdt>start_date && pdt<end_date){

//peform action

}

Thanks

Gaurav

But i need the records which has the dates as Ex:31-10-2017 11:59:59 or 31-10-2017 08:59:59   i.e between 31st and 1st also which covers the whole 31st day

AbdulAzeez
Mega Guru

The reason why you unable to fetch is Start Date & End Date type is Date filed whereas Process Date type is Date & Time type.

You need to write script to convert them in millisec later you can query your condition:

something like this.!

var dateTimeStr = g_form.getValue('u_date_time'); // Process Date & Time type

var dateArr = dateTimeStr.split(' ');

var Processdate = dateArr[0]; // Splitting and taking only Date value

Later you query your condition just like this:

if (Processdate > "Start Date label name /")

{

//do something

}

Abdul Azeez

PS - Please mark Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer if applicable.

If i Do this I think I will not be able to get the records where the process date is having the date as (31:10:2017 11:59:59).

I need those records as well which includes the whole the last day (31st) and before the next day(1st)