The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a pdf from a form and send it to another table

suprakash
Giga Expert

Suppose I am entering some data in a form of table u_candidate_details   and when i submit or save the form a record will be inserted in table u_candidate_database and a pdf attachment will be added on the record that was created on table u_candidate_database . the attachment will be pdf of the form view u_candidate_details  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nayanawadhiya1
Kilo Sage

Hey Suprakash,

Write a INSERT BUSINESS RULE -

var gr = new GlideRecord ('u_candidate_database');

gr.addQuery(Filter_condition);

gr.query();

if(gr.next())

{

var rm = new sn_ws.RESTMessageV2();
      rm.setHttpMethod('GET');
      var url = gs.getProperty("glide.servlet.uri") + current.getTableName()+ '.do?PDF&sys_id=' + current.sys_id;
      rm.setEndpoint(url);
      rm.setBasicAuth(gs.getProperty('glide.user.userid'), gs.getProperty('glide.user.password'));
      rm.saveResponseBodyAsAttachment(gr.getTableName(),gr.sys_id,current.number+".pdf");
      var response = rm.execute();

}

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

nayanawadhiya1
Kilo Sage

Hey Suprakash,

Write a INSERT BUSINESS RULE -

var gr = new GlideRecord ('u_candidate_database');

gr.addQuery(Filter_condition);

gr.query();

if(gr.next())

{

var rm = new sn_ws.RESTMessageV2();
      rm.setHttpMethod('GET');
      var url = gs.getProperty("glide.servlet.uri") + current.getTableName()+ '.do?PDF&sys_id=' + current.sys_id;
      rm.setEndpoint(url);
      rm.setBasicAuth(gs.getProperty('glide.user.userid'), gs.getProperty('glide.user.password'));
      rm.saveResponseBodyAsAttachment(gr.getTableName(),gr.sys_id,current.number+".pdf");
      var response = rm.execute();

}

Hello Nayan,

I have a similar requirement when ever i fill a form say "Incident" table and all the filled info should be converted into PDF and send attached email to any given user say azeez@example.com

could you please help me out ?

Hey Abdul,

Using above code you can create PDF and attach to the Incident form.

when PDF is attached fire a event which will trigger a NOTIFICATION and on notification there is a checkbox named as INCLUDE ATTACHMENTS.

After event delete the FORM PDF from the INC RECORD.

Do you mind to give lil more info/steps regards to notification PLEASE ?