The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual agent chat history

Amit45
Mega Expert

Hi, 

I want to know what is the retain policy of virtual chat conversation history. 

It's showing 'loading history' but for how much period its actually stores the conversation and is their any way to change this setting. 

Please advise. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah oke.

Never seen that documented anywhere. Though, reproducing it in my instance: history shows up to 1 month.

Kind regards,
Mark

---

LinkedIn

Kind regards,

Mark Roethof

Freelance ServiceNow Consultant

9x ServiceNow Community/Developer MVP

---

350+ Articles, Blogs, Videos, Podcasts, Share projects - Experiences from the field

LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

All conversations and messages are stored in the Conversation table [sys_cs_conversation] and Conversation Messages table [sys_cs_message]. There is no archiving or something on these tables. Out-of-the-box these tables are ACL protected.

If you don't want the history of previous chats opening up, you can disable this. Have a look at this article:
https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_article&sys_id=8bbd6a92dbd8ffc42be0a851ca961...

(it concerns the part with $sn-va-web-client-app.do?sysparm_skip_load_history=true)

If my answer helped you in any way, please then mark it as helpful.

Kind regards,
Mark

---

LinkedIn

Kind regards,

Mark Roethof

---

350+ Articles, Blogs, Videos, Podcasts, Share projects - Experiences from the field

LinkedIn

Amit45
Mega Expert

Thanks Mark for the information. 

But my question is bit different, i want to know that till what date history will be shown in VA chat window. Is there any duration like it will show the history till 1 month or 1 year. 

Ah oke.

Never seen that documented anywhere. Though, reproducing it in my instance: history shows up to 1 month.

Kind regards,
Mark

---

LinkedIn

Kind regards,

Mark Roethof

---

LinkedIn

Amit45
Mega Expert

Thanks Mark. 

One more question, is there any limit for concurrent chat sessions for Live Agent. for e.g. If there are 25 request, live agent can accept all of them or there is some limit.