The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Portal - Widget update to stop keyboard enter functionality - to enter comments on Case etc.

shahidkalaniya
Kilo Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Greetings!!

I am trying the make some updates on the HR Case portal, but the question is an in-general Widget script related one.

Currently, the OOB Widget on the Portal Page: 'HR Task Details' has a Comments field under the Activity tab. The functionality is on pressing the enter key, the comments on the Case will be updated.

find_real_file.png

Being new to the portal and angular scripting, i am looking for below details.

1. Widget Name, which needs update for the below changes

2. Need to get a multi-line text field instead of the single line.

3. The 'Keyboard Enter' needs to stop. User should click on the 'Send' button to get the comments added.

Thanks in advance for any sort of help.

Any sort of inputs will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Shahid Kalaniya

HR Task Details

1 REPLY 1

Andrew Wortham
Kilo Guru

Hey Shahid,

Here is some info to get you started:

If you are an admin and control click on a widget (on a mac... PC I believe is control right click) it will show you the widget you are on.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 3.32.15 PM.png

In this case whether you are in the SP, HR, or CSM the widget is going to be the "Ticket Conversations" widget. Above is the view of the Request but the widget is the same.

Once you have the menu open, you can navigate to "Widget in Editor" and would have to clone the widget.   In order to make the above changes you would have to take ownership of the widget.

On the new widget you would have to add to the number of rows, and remove the ng-keyPress attribute. The only thing is that adding to the rows will then shirk when the user starts to type.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 3.37.42 PM.png

Once you make these edits and save your custom widget, add your custom widget to the form by again control clicking and this time go to "page in designer," where you can remove the OOB ticket convo, and add your custom convo.

Keep in mind that if there are future updates to ticket conversations, your custom widget will not update, so you now "Own" that widget.

Best,

Andrew