The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOM Integration with Service Now

pankajsharma
Kilo Explorer

I am in the process of integrating Event management with SCOM and currently in Istanbul version.   We have successfully established the connection between SCOM and Service Now.

However, there are no events coming in the Event module of Service Now yet. I have followed all the wiki links from Servicenow wiki but it is not clear how we will receive events from SCOM.

Questions?

-Do we need any other roles to pull the events from SCOM or is there any property or Scheduled job which needs to be activated/modified in order to start receiving Events from SCOM?

- Will Service Now pull alerts from SCOM or will SCOM push events to Service NOW?

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma

6 REPLIES 6

Ankur Bawiskar
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi Pankaj,

Following links should be helpful:

SN SCOM Integration

SCOM integration with Service now using Event Management Plugin

ServiceNow and SCOM 2016 Integration

SCOM Integration

Mark Correct if this solves your issue and also hit Like and Helpful if you find my response worthy based on the impact.

Thanks

Ankur

Regards
Ankur

Vishal Khandve
Tera Guru

Hi pankaj,

have you check bidirectional

find_real_file.png

Thank you,

Vishu

Vishal Khandve
Tera Guru

Hi Pankaj,

Any update on this?

Can you mark my answer as correct, helpful and hit like if you were able to achieve the requirement. This helps in removing this question from unanswered list and helps users to learn from your thread. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vishu

pankajsharma
Kilo Explorer

I have got the answer for the questions I posted below

Questions?

-Do we need any other roles to pull the events from SCOM or is there any property or Scheduled job which needs to be activated/modified in order to start receiving Events from SCOM? We would need the "operator" role to successfully connect to the SCOM API and pull the data

- Will Service Now pull alerts from SCOM or will SCOM push events to Service NOW?, Yes SN will pull all the alerts from SCOM.

Thanks

Pankaj