The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Welcome (login) page

willams_oliveir
Mega Contributor

Hello Everyone, I need to change the welcome page to another page that I have totally created in CMS. Note that I don't want to change the CMS Login page, I really want to change the Welcome page (login page) of my instance to another one.
I know it's possible to customize the default welcome page, but in this way it's not possible to apply some visual identities and themes as I wanted to do; It's just possible to customize some items within it.

The question is: is there a way to change the page that is shown when any user type my instance address, or a way when the welcome page is about to load, it automatically redirects to my custom welcome page?

I'm looking forward to your answers!
Will Oliveira

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Mike, thanks for your suggestion, but I was be able to find another solution that was ideal for my needs. I'll explain it in case someone else needs this change as well.

In Content Management >> Configuration Page, we can point to which page we want to show at login. The option is "Login Page". We can change other layouts and pages for the instance. So, I could select my personal login page there, and in Content Management >> Login Rules, activated the rules that redirect a Ess User to my Ess Portal and a user with any role to the ServiceNow default home page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mike_pryor
Giga Expert

Hi,
Have you tried writing a redirect in javascript on one of the Welcome Page Sections?

This might work if your version of SN does not strip out the script code you put in. Could probably put a function it in to the Body onload event.

Hey Mike, thanks for your suggestion, but I was be able to find another solution that was ideal for my needs. I'll explain it in case someone else needs this change as well.

In Content Management >> Configuration Page, we can point to which page we want to show at login. The option is "Login Page". We can change other layouts and pages for the instance. So, I could select my personal login page there, and in Content Management >> Login Rules, activated the rules that redirect a Ess User to my Ess Portal and a user with any role to the ServiceNow default home page.

Hi Williams,

I too have the same concern. I have changed the ESS Login page which includes static HTML content, now i need the same to be done   for the main login page.So when i changed the configuration page to the "portal login page" it's showing the ESS login page every time. But what i want is once user is logged in via Main Login Page, it works the normal way ie existing view should be retained and it should not open up the ess view.

Thanks

Hi willams.oliveira

find_real_file.png