The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spell check- Project/Status Reports

diane_gregory
Tera Expert

We are currently on Helsinki and I have read in articles that spell check was discontinued in ServiceNow due to the critical flaws and is dependent on your browser. My developer is currently ooo and I am trying to figure out why spell check is not working for Project/Status Reports/Comments field which we just went live with yesterday. It is this way using IE11 and Chrome. Spell check is working fine on Incident description, short descriptions, work notes, additional comments, RITM text fields but not this. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

right click on the header -> Configure-> Form layout and ou should find it there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dravvyramlochun
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Diane,

You can add a spell check option to any field in UI11.

Before you begin

Role required: personalize_dictionary

About this task

Note: Field spell checking is not supported in UI16 or UI15.

Procedure

1. Navigate to System Definition > Dictionary.
  2. Filter the list to view journal type fields and select a field to spell check.An example is the comments field in the Task table. This applies spell checking in the specified language to the multi-line Comments text box for incidents, problems, and changes.
  3. Click the table name to open the Dictionary form.
  4. Configure the form and add the Spell check check box.
  5. Select the check box to enable spell checking in every Comments field on the Task table.
  6. To use the spell checker in a task record, click the spell check icon (Spell check icon) next to the field label.The spell checker highlights the misspelled words.

Reference:

Add spell checking to a field

Field spell checking

Non of the current tables in our instance gets me to Project- Status report. I added a new table of Project and I do not have the ck box for spell check. I have added the recommended role.

find_real_file.png

Actually it looks like we are on UI 15 & UI16 so that's obviously the issue.

Thanks

right click on the header -> Configure-> Form layout and ou should find it there.