The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clone a Header Menu in Service Portal

rocktheboat
Giga Contributor

I have been though several articles regarding the Header Menu cloning issues. Some of them reference a GitHub link for steps to overcome the issue, but the link does not work .

Can somebody please share the steps or a working link to clone a Header Menu.

Thanks so much.

4 REPLIES 4

ark6
Mega Guru

There is a widget for the header menu. Have you try cloning that? Also you need to configure the main menu in your portal when you are adding the header to it to make it work in the same way as OOB.

find_real_file.png

rocktheboat
Giga Contributor

Thanks for replying Arka. The issue is when you clone the instance, there are 2 Angular ng-templates that should get cloned along. And due to a bug or something they don't get cloned. Even if you copy the widgets, you get duplicate ID issues. Some people copied the ng-templates and have given them custom names. And then it seems that the next step is to declare/link the custom names/id with the widget in a Directive. This peace with the Directive is something I am trying to get information on. Or, if possible get the entire procedure to clone a header menu.  

Ya..I have seen the issue. I have managed to change the name of the template "menuTemplate" everywhere in the code, but not sure where the template "spDropdownTreeTemplate" functionality resides.

Changing the menutemplate gives you all the menu items except the dropdown ones

Phonsie Hevey1
Tera Expert

Have a look at here if you're still trying to do this. The 4 steps in one of the replies under there has worked perfectly for me.