cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Portal - Icon

shaik_irfan
Tera Guru

Hello,

How can we create an Icon in Service Portal ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

So one way to go about this is:

1) Navigate in back-end to: Service Portal > Configuration

2) Click Designer, then click "Add a new page"

3) Name it something relevant and click submit

4) In center of screen, click the plus sign icon and pick 12

5) On left-hand side of list of widgets, drag over the "Simple List" widget on to designer canvas

6) Now mouse over the simple list widget on canvas and click pencil icon

7) In top-left of the screen that pops up you'll see context menu, click that and select "Instance Options"

😎 Build out the settings for this list of information such as: table, then select filter...like for your case something like: "Assignment group" "is dynamic" "one of my groups" -- I'm assuming this is what you'd want for "my team ticket", correct?

9) Now pick your display field...I'd say you'd probably want to go with "Short Description"? Just a guess, but you can tweak this anyway you'd like.

10) Then for fields...pick all the fields you want the user to see if their list view: like if these were incidents, stuff like: Caller, Affected User (if you created this), Category, State, Priority? stuff like that.

11) Once you're all done with settings click Update in top-right

12) Now you'll be back at the designer screen with all the different pages on it. Pick the page that has that "my team ticket" link on it (I'm assuming it's the "index" page)

13) Hover your mouse over that icon link widget on your design canvas and click pencil, choose "Page" for the type and then pick the custom page you just made. Then click save.

Voila...

This is just a rough outline, I did walk through this in my own instance to ensure I was telling you the right stuff. You can of course tweak things more to your liking at any point along the way or skip ahead to other steps, etc. I just wanted to give a somewhat step by step in case you didn't know.

Please mark reply as Helpful/Correct, if applicable. Thanks!

Please consider marking my reply as Helpful and/or Accept Solution, if applicable. Thanks!
I invite you to visit my ServiceNow focused YouTube channel: Allenovation!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

Can you please be more specific? Because there's Icon links...then another way to think about Icons is images? Can you screenshot what you're talking about?

Please consider marking my reply as Helpful and/or Accept Solution, if applicable. Thanks!

Sorry for confusion.

I created an Icon-Link widget on the Homepage as shown below. Now upon selection of that link i need to display the tickets Assigned to My Team.

find_real_file.png

Just like My Group Work what we have Service Desk Module ?

Set the Type to "URL" in the instance options...and then enter the URL for the list view of records you're looking to show.

Hi,

So one way to go about this is:

1) Navigate in back-end to: Service Portal > Configuration

2) Click Designer, then click "Add a new page"

3) Name it something relevant and click submit

4) In center of screen, click the plus sign icon and pick 12

5) On left-hand side of list of widgets, drag over the "Simple List" widget on to designer canvas

6) Now mouse over the simple list widget on canvas and click pencil icon

7) In top-left of the screen that pops up you'll see context menu, click that and select "Instance Options"

😎 Build out the settings for this list of information such as: table, then select filter...like for your case something like: "Assignment group" "is dynamic" "one of my groups" -- I'm assuming this is what you'd want for "my team ticket", correct?

9) Now pick your display field...I'd say you'd probably want to go with "Short Description"? Just a guess, but you can tweak this anyway you'd like.

10) Then for fields...pick all the fields you want the user to see if their list view: like if these were incidents, stuff like: Caller, Affected User (if you created this), Category, State, Priority? stuff like that.

11) Once you're all done with settings click Update in top-right

12) Now you'll be back at the designer screen with all the different pages on it. Pick the page that has that "my team ticket" link on it (I'm assuming it's the "index" page)

13) Hover your mouse over that icon link widget on your design canvas and click pencil, choose "Page" for the type and then pick the custom page you just made. Then click save.

Voila...

This is just a rough outline, I did walk through this in my own instance to ensure I was telling you the right stuff. You can of course tweak things more to your liking at any point along the way or skip ahead to other steps, etc. I just wanted to give a somewhat step by step in case you didn't know.