The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project status field (red,yellow,green) is dependent on project tasks, how to stop this dependency ?

rambo1
Kilo Guru

When any of the project tasks do not meet its planned end date , project status is changing to red. 
Client doesn’t want this to happen, project status should only depend on planned end date of project. 
please help me in achieving this .

5 REPLIES 5

Dhiren Aghera
Tera Guru

Hi Rambo,

The Project end date depends on tasks end date as they are rolled up. So definitely if one of the tasks does not meet its date then it's going to impact the overall project date and status as well. 

This is indicated by a red dot in the Project list & red coloured field in the planned end date.

However, in the status report, you still have control to show your over project status as Amber or Green if you wish to.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Dhiren, 

May I know how to stop this, is there any system property? or any particular script. I dont want project status to  be red, if one of the tasks do not meet deadline.

Hi Rambo,

Refer this link for defining filed styles and this should help and guide you to achieve this. 

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/orlando-platform-administration/page/administer/navigation-and-ui...

Swapnil Soni1
Giga Guru

Hi Rambo,

You can do using client script -

Name: Change Form Color on status Change

Type: Client Script

Table:

Description: Changes color of a form field of the form on status change. The script can easily be changed to adjust any property of any object on the page accessible via the HTML DOM.

Parameters:

Script:
function onChange(control, oldValue, newValue, isLoading) { 
  var elementID = gel("incident.priority");// you can use your tablenm.fieldName
    switch(newValue) { 
      case "1": elementID.style.backgroundColor = "red"; break; 
      case "2": elementID.style.backgroundColor = "tomato"; break;
      case "3": elementID.style.backgroundColor = "orange"; break;
      case "4": elementID.style.backgroundColor = "yellow"; break;
      case "5": elementID.style.backgroundColor = "green"; break; 
      default: elementID.style.backgroundColor = "white"; break; } }

Please mark correct or helpful if this helps.
Thanks
Swapnil