The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast Message to all users

Steven Young
Giga Guru

So i have seen this asked many times on the Community and there does not seem to be an answer.

**WE ARE ON GENEVA RELEASE**

UNTIL NOW.

There is a table that is not advertised in ServiceNow anywhere that i can find.   There is no wiki about it, and there is no known discussion on the community about it that i could find.

Well DING DING DING... ServiceNow Devs do it again.

Broadcast Message:   sys_broadcast_message   table.

There is nothing in the filter navigator about it,   so you'll have to create something for it to be in your Navigator List.

find_real_file.png

I have customized my form a lot.   the basic form is just that:   Basic:
find_real_file.png

The message seems like it's Full HTML coding   and it is displayed like so:   Just the red box.   I have customized it to be the blue header in the center and spaced out.

2016-04-25_8-50-16.png

But so far it's pretty awesome.   I wanted to post about it because there have been so many questions about it without an answer to this point.

36 REPLIES 36

Ken83
Kilo Guru

Nice! I wish I had known about this OOB method of broadcasting a message before I built custom functionality that essentially does the exact same thing utilizing a custom table as well as the sys_user_preference table, a UI Script, and a Script Include. I'd still like to use this OOB method though.

Steven Young
Giga Guru

Just saw it come up as an Info Box rather than an Error Box

2016-04-25_9-46-46.png

Now if i could just figure out how to make it show up as the gs.addInfoMessage()   all the time!   lol   i like it better than the ErrorMessage box.

Hi Steven,

How to make this change to blue for the broadcast message? I have created an HTML field and copying value from HTML to Message field. I gave background colour as it is in gs.addInfoMessage(), but it is still showing in the format of gs.addErrorMessage(). May I request for your help please.

Thanks

Sourabh Saha

I am somehow sure that I have to change the property of the "message" field to display in the format of gs.addInfoMessage() because that is the final output but not sure how to do it.