Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Portfolio Management: Custom State

solonxu
Kilo Expert

A question of custom state of PPM. Our client created custom states in Project (pm_project) table, however, these state will be set to child task through OOB business rule 'Process State Change' when state changes. Wondering if there is a way to avoid this state auto-roll? Is there any best practice to create custom states?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Raju Koyagura
Tera Guru

There is two possible ways you can do...

If you don't want to auto update the Project Task states, irrespective of any state change on Project record, simply deactivate OOB business rule 'Process State'. Else provide the conditions when to execute this OOB business rule 'Process State', I mean if you don't want to execute the business rule for only your custom states add those conditions.

If I miss understand the query, please give more details so that I'll try to help you.

Thanks for replying Raju. We are trying to avoid change of oob business rules codes, but I agree with you, that changing triggering condition may be a feasible solution.

I appreciate your comments.

Hi Raju,

Could you elaborate a bit on how to add a condition to exclude the business rule only for a custom state.   That would be the perfect solution for me, but unsure where to add the condition.

Thanks,

David

kellykaufmann
Mega Guru

Hi Solon

As an update, the ability to change Project/task states will possibly be easier in the Helsinki version. This is tentative at this time, but I wanted to pass along this possibility.

If you want to do this prior to Helsinki, sangita may be able to provide feedback on her experience trying to change Project states.