The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix script seems to run automatically during application load via source control import.

artsupsiri
Tera Contributor

Are there really no situations where a fix script will run automatically? Everything I read says it can't be done, but I'm seeing something to the contrary.

I am developing a scoped application and when I load it into a new instance from Studio via a source control import, I can see that my fix script was run without my   having to navigate to the Fix Scripts list and run it manually.

I can see log updates and record updates that only the fix script can perform.

What's even more interesting is that I have a second fix script that isn't run automatically, and as far as I can tell, the only difference in the settings is that the Run Once value is true. I've deleted the app a few times off the instance and reloaded it, so I wonder if it literally ran once during the first load and won't for any future loads.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pradeep Sharma
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Art,

If I get it correctly you mentioned that fix script is created with "Run once" value set to true. If yes, then you need to clear the check box to allow the script to run every time the application is installed or upgraded.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Pradeep Sharma
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Art,

If I get it correctly you mentioned that fix script is created with "Run once" value set to true. If yes, then you need to clear the check box to allow the script to run every time the application is installed or upgraded.

That's good to know, Pradeep.

So are you saying definitively that if I have a fix script that doesn't have the "Run Once" value set to true, it will automatically run when the application is installed? In other words, an admin won't have to manually run it themselves?

Hello Art,

That's correct. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hmm, that could be a cool feature.

I was unsure of a way to actually do this!

ServiceNow Nerd
ServiceNow Developer MVP 2020-2022
ServiceNow Community MVP 2019-2022