cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow email reminder when request is inactive

Tadz
Giga Guru
Giga Guru

Hi, is there a way to combine Timer Activity and Wait For Condition Activity in workflow?

Thanks and Best Regards!

Tadz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tadz,

Do you want to sent notification to approver those created from only this workf Or to all Approval records. ?

If you want to sent notification to only for this one workflow, then create Approval using approval activity, at same time run timer activity for 48 hours. Once 48 hours breached check the approval sate with If Condition activity. if the sate is still pending then then send notification using notification acitvity or Event activity. Please refer below Image

find_real_file.png

Thanks,

Swamy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Swamy9
Giga Expert

Hi Cris,

Could you please explain the requirement briefly, Please provide the image if possible.

Thanks,

Swamy

Hi Swammy,

My Requirement is   an email reminder will be sent when request has not yet been responded by approvers within 48 hours.

My first approach is to combine workflow Timer Activity and Wait For Condition.

or is there another way to make email reminder

Can't Attach an image since i can't imagine how to do it.

Thanks,

Tadz

Hi Chris,

I would use a Timer activity followed by an If activity instead.   A "Wait for Condition" activity would sit there until the condition is true, and you don't want that... what you want is a check to see if it meets the requirement after 48 hours and then act on it either way.

So try something like this.   When the approval has been addressed, proceed normally... if not, send a notice and then proceed:

workflow2.png

If activity:

if_activity.png

(or you could use):

if_activity2.png

See how that works for you.

Thanks,

-Brian

Hi Brian, thanks for the reply.

My Requirement is   an email reminder will be sent when request has not yet been responded by approvers within 48 hours.

But if the approver will respond to the request before 48hrs, it will break from the timer activity and continue with the normal process.

Thanks,

Tadz