cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Portal- Display Parent Categories in SC Categories Widget

Marques2
Tera Expert

Hello Helsinki and Service Portal Users,

I created a parent category of "Application Needs and Help" which has categories for each of the different applications our company supports. This gives the users a place to find the application they're using and make requests and/or incidents for that specific application.

Problem: The SC Categories Widget displays ALL categories, and not the parent. This results in a massive list of SC Categories in the list

How can the widgets/pages be configured to display the Parent Categories, and once selected, then the categories that fall under the parent

I found a recent post that I thought would help, however, instead of displaying the parent categories, it didn't display any categories that were classified as parents. Here's the post. Did anyone else find this helpful? In Helsinki Version - How to change the left-side list of categories on the Service Catalog page of ...

Any help is appreciated. This will be huge for our success with our customers.

Thank you all,

-Marques

24 REPLIES 24

larstange
Kilo Sage

Hi

The OOTB widget cannot do this, but on share the is a version which can - ServiceNow Share - Service Portal Category Tree-View

Alternativley you can design your own - here is one that I have created based on my idea of the right way to do it

find_real_file.png   find_real_file.png

You can buy a widget similar to this, via nathanfirth at newrocket.com

find_real_file.png

Hi

How did you add images/icon, i am not able to add icons in categories in service portal. Please help.

Regards

Lakshmi Patel

nathanfirth

Chuck Tomasi's Blog

Hi Lakshmi,

Are you able to add the icon images.

Thanks,
Akhil

Hi larstange,

can you help me how do you add those icon images in portal.

Thanks,

Akhil