The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open new tab i Agent Workspace

Tommy Jensen
Mega Guru

In my custom component in the side panel I want the user to be able to click on an item which should open a new tab to display the selected record in.

Does any body know how to do this?

In the screenshot I have opened a knowledge article from Agent Assist and inspecting the url I can see it now contains various information about the new tab opened.

The url becomes

/now/workspace/agent/record/incident/3530904e2f705010eea72f2ef699b69e/sub/record/kb_knowledge/7edb30035312120047a2da86a11c083b/params/sysparm-parent-table/incident/sysparm-parent-sys-id/3530904e2f705010eea72f2ef699b69e/mode/view

so it appears that "record" is the page to display but this is OOB and the record I want to display does not exist in a table in ServiceNow so I cannot use this method unless I create a new table and add the record to view temporarely in there.

find_real_file.png

5 REPLIES 5

sachin_namjoshi
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

You can configure UI action in agent workspace to open record in new tab.

Check solution from below 

https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=22c147b1db20f740200f0b55ca96...

Regards,

Sachin

I am aware of that but it is not a UI action I am after. It is when clicking on a link INSDIE the sidepanel component I want to open a new tab.

Aleksas Kucins1
Giga Expert

You can use this:

dispatch(REFERENCE_INFO_CLICK, {
    "referenceInfoClick": {
        // Table of record you want to open
        "referencetable": "sys_user", 

// Record you want to open sys_id
        "sys_id": "6816f79cc0a8016401c5a33be04be441" 
    }
});

Thanks, that will definately be helpfull at some poinbt, however in this case I do not want to open a record that is stored in a table in ServiceNow. I want to open my own custom component in the new tab and display content fetched via REST API from external system.