The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues paging with Verizon vtext

Derek Culberts1
Kilo Contributor

Hi everyone, last night we began experiencing an issue with email notifications sent to Verizon phones via phone number @vtext.com. The issue appears to be intermittent with about a 33% success rate. ServiceNow consistently creates the notification, and sends it, however about 2/3's of the time the user doesn't receive. This is an issue because we run a 24x7 on-call rotation as a heathcare IT team. Other carriers such as Google Fi and Sprint have a 100% success rate, suggesting the issue is with Verizon. Has anyone else seen this over the last 24 hours, or ever? 

An additional question is, I know Verizon has an enterprise messaging service (EMAG), does anyone know if ServiceNow can integrate with this service? Is anyone using Verizon EMAG with ServiceNow? If so, how does it work and what is your experience with it?

9 REPLIES 9

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

One issue I know for certain that was impacting my company back in November or so with Verizon was if the notification that was being sent out....had a "custom" From address.

Meaning here:

find_real_file.png

If you are trying to send a notification via SMS with that field filled in and the users have Verizon carrier...it won't go through. I believe Verizon has some sort of filter set up on their end to where if this notification comes across to their side and they see the "From" being masked like mentioned above...then it treats it as spam and it won't send.

Sprint and others seem to have no issue as the same notifications were reaching their phones, but not Verizon.

Finally after a bunch of troubleshooting, I removed the custom From email address and left it blank and voila...they got it.

I would compare your notifications and see if the ones that seem to be "spotty" have a custom From address and if so...simply remove it.

Please mark reply as Helpful/Correct, if applicable. Thanks!

Please consider marking my reply as Helpful and/or Accept Solution, if applicable. Thanks!
I invite you to visit my ServiceNow focused YouTube channel: Allenovation!

Derek Culberts1
Kilo Contributor

Hi Allen, thank you for the response! In this case there is no custom "from" associated with the notification... I've also been able to reproduce the issue from our internal exchange and gmail... so it does appear to be an issue with Verizon. I am curious if anyone else is experiencing similar issues as well as if anyone has integrated with Verizon EMAG.

Hi,

Are you able to provide any additional information as to when it passes versus when it fails? I haven't seen this issue really reported across the forums and again....my company solely uses Verizon and we have no issues. Are you noticing that the messages that are formatted one way fail, but others do?

-Do people have the same area code?

-Do people have the same phone?

-Have you yourself contacted Verizon customer service to see what they say?

This is all information that would be helpful to not only the community but also in trying to possibly troubleshoot the issue.

Please consider marking my reply as Helpful and/or Accept Solution, if applicable. Thanks!

Hmm, just an update on this. We actually had this issue this morning....SMS message went out to about 20 people (per sys_email sent log) and some got that notification, myself and a few others didn't, so I tested with gmail...I got that and then went back to SN and resent that initial notification again and got it the second time.

So then some users got both....some got it once, like me, and then a few didn't get either....actually.

So definitely something with Verizon could be going on right now.