The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Portal Header Menu count

xiaix
Tera Guru

At the header of my Service Portal, I see:

find_real_file.png

I need this number to also count in records from a custom table.   Which widget script do I need to edit to add my custom table?

find_real_file.png

So the "Requests" count should not say 1, but 6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Erik Stolberg
Tera Guru

In the nav search, type sp_rectangle_menu_item.list, then search for Label = "Requests"

You'll see the commented text about record watchers. Add a new line with your table and filter to include in the count:

// use record watchers to tell header when to update dropdown counts

t.record_watchers = [];

t.record_watchers.push({'table':'service_task','filter':'active=true^opened_by=' + u});

t.record_watchers.push({'table':'incident','filter':'active=true^caller_id=' + u});

t.record_watchers.push({'table':'sc_request','filter':'active=true^requested_for=' + u});

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Erik Stolberg
Tera Guru

In the nav search, type sp_rectangle_menu_item.list, then search for Label = "Requests"

You'll see the commented text about record watchers. Add a new line with your table and filter to include in the count:

// use record watchers to tell header when to update dropdown counts

t.record_watchers = [];

t.record_watchers.push({'table':'service_task','filter':'active=true^opened_by=' + u});

t.record_watchers.push({'table':'incident','filter':'active=true^caller_id=' + u});

t.record_watchers.push({'table':'sc_request','filter':'active=true^requested_for=' + u});

You, my dear dear friend, are genius!

Hi Erik, where is that code located?  I went to sp_rectangle_menu_item.list and found Request, but do not see anywhere to input code:

find_real_file.png

Make sure you're looking at the one of Type = Scripted List (there are 2 "Requests" records, one might even be called "My Requests").