The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect chat notification alert and duration

Sagar Solanki
Kilo Expert

Hello,

We are currently using Kingston and have implemented connect chat. We have fine-tuned the average wait time calculation BR "SNC - Chat Queue Average Wait Time" however when we get a chat request we get this in browser notification and it lasts only for 3-4 seconds. This is highly risky as Service Desk members may be away from the system and might miss it.

find_real_file.png

Is it possible to increase the duration of this notification?

I have gone through several posts that suggest changing browser or windows notification setting.
https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=1de54f21db1cdbc01dcaf3231f96...

Moreover, once the chat request comes in, the notification sound connect_alert.mp3 in the table db_audio rings only once, is there any ways to keep it playing till the chat is accepted.

As always, appreciate your responses.

6 REPLIES 6

anubhavkapoor76
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Sagar,

If I correctly understood then you are referring to "Desktop Notifications". Unfortunately Google does not provide any feature to increase the time of preview of notifications.

Mark this helpful/correct if it works for you.

Cheers!!

Anubhav

Hey Anubhav. Thank you for your response.

So yeah desktop notifications option is out but I tried something else. The notification tone in the db_audio table is too short. I added a new .mp3 which is 29 seconds in length. What I am trying to achieve here is figuring out a way a chat request doesn't get missed by Service Desk however, as soon as a chat request comes in, the audio file doesn't stop even after accepting the chat request which is kind of annoying for someone who has already accepted the chat request.

Is there any way we can configure this so that the audio stops as soon as the chat request is accepted?

ServiceNow doesn't seem to provide any solution for connect chat notifications and it looks like we have to figure out an alternative to improve ConnectChat user experience.

As always, appreciate your responses.

Hi Sagar,

I did some research on this. As notification is directly related to the triggering of sound hence the MP3 file is triggered only one.

So there will not be any 2nd or successive triggering of Sound as there are no notifications thereafter.

Hope this helps in clarifying the connect chat notifications.

Mark this helpful/correct if it works for you.

Cheers!!

Anubhav

Dan Shores
Mega Expert

Hi Sagar -

We are looking for a way to better notify our agents as well. The current push notification via chrome is too easy to miss. Ideally we would have a notification that needs to be dismissed before it disappears.

Please let us know if you ever figured out something to enhance the chat notification messages!

Thanks,

Dan