Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a work notes journal field (with post button) to form

SC10
Kilo Guru

How would I go about adding the typical work notes field (with the post button) to a custom form? I've tried to simply add the activity log, and configured it display the description of the form (and if it changes), but the work notes field didn't show up along with the activity log.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Goran WitchDoc
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

You need to create a journal input field.

Then you can get it like this. I've done this on my own table which isn't extended from any table:

find_real_file.png

I noticed that I had to click on the filter icon(marked as 1.) and check my field to be on the right side like this to get the post button:

find_real_file.png

//Göran

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Goran WitchDoc
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

You need to create a journal input field.

Then you can get it like this. I've done this on my own table which isn't extended from any table:

find_real_file.png

I noticed that I had to click on the filter icon(marked as 1.) and check my field to be on the right side like this to get the post button:

find_real_file.png

//Göran

Cheers, that did it.

Thanks Goran!

Good day,

I got this working in my Test environment, but when after I brought it over to Production, it is not working.

The post button is now present, and the field is turned on for my activity log, but it is not posting to my activity log. It does however work in Test.

Any ideas?        

Hi Shane,

Did you get to the bottom of this.

I've just added a journal input on a custom table.  The activity stream is below this and I've made sure the notes field is in the activity stream.  The post button is there, but when I type a note and click post, it does not show anywhere and the activity stream still shows as empty?

Thanks

Sam