The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceridian ITBM PPM - How is Overall Status color determined?

nicolesantikko
Tera Contributor

Hi there - I am trying to figure out how the overall health of a project is calculated. When it shows red, green or yellow - how is that determined? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dhiren Aghera
Tera Guru

The Overall status is subjective and does not have a script or business rule in the background. Based on other indicators like the resource, scope, cost it's at PMs discretion to update the Overall status to RED, AMBER or GREEN of the project.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nick Z1
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Nicole,

Project Manager manually selects red, green and yellow for status. Its not driven off any background script.

Cheers

Nick

Dhiren Aghera
Tera Guru

The Overall status is subjective and does not have a script or business rule in the background. Based on other indicators like the resource, scope, cost it's at PMs discretion to update the Overall status to RED, AMBER or GREEN of the project.

Namita Mishra
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Nicole,

I agree with the responses provided by Nick and Dhiren.

I would like to update that one of the issue that I have observed until Madrid is that irrespective of the project status (Red, Green, Yellow), on creating a new project status report the overall status is always shown as green.

Since the status (in project) maps with overall status (shown in project status report), it should reflect the value as set in the status field. Plan is to fix this in future release.

This means after issue gets fixed, on creating new project status report -> overall status will reflect the same colour as set in project ->status.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Namita Mishra

Hi Namita,

Thanks for the info on future release plan.

I just wanted to add one more thing over here with regards to Status reports in PPM. There are multiple ways in which you can create status reports and the behaviour also differs across different ways.

1. Create a new status report by clicking the "New" button under Status report related list tab. Here it will ceate a blank report and select default status a Green for all the various project indicators.

2. Under the Status Report tab there are two options-

2.a - Clicking Creating new will create a blank report and select default status a Green for all the various project indicators.

2.b - Clicking on "Copy" will create a copy of the latest project status report and also the indicators. Note- it will not pick up the default values.

3. Open the latest status report under Status report related list tab. This will create a copy of the latest project status report and also the indicators. Note- it will not pick up the default values.

I would recommend use Option 3 or 2.b as it will pick up the indicators from the latest status.

Thanks

Dhiren