The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISC:Invalid Run As User announcement

Sam Ogden
Tera Guru

Hi All,

We have just upgraded to Paris release but come across an issue with the Service Portal announcements.  No announcements were displaying and when checking in the browser console I could see a 500 (internal Server Error).  Having a quick look I've found this article on stack overflow with a temp solution.  The article has a link to a Hi KB article, but when I try and view this it says I don't have sufficient privileges. 

It seems that we now have announcements with the name 'ISC:Invalid Run As User' which is being created referencing a display style that does not exist.  Updating this display style to a valid one in our instance fixes the issue.  However the system is going to generate more of these announcements so the issue will come back.

What is creating these announcements, and also does anyone know what it is trying to reference and why this would be missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Had a look into this further in my PDI and noticed that it is referencing the 'La Jolla Urgent' display style.

After looking in our instance we did not have the 'La Jolla Theme Branding' Plugin activated.  Once activated the missing display style records are available and the announcement is correctly raised.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Sam Ogden
Tera Guru

Just to add to this, there is a script include 'CheckISCRunAsUser' which seems to create the announcement which has a hard coded sys_id - anyone any help on what this sys_id is meant to be?

Thanks

Had a look into this further in my PDI and noticed that it is referencing the 'La Jolla Urgent' display style.

After looking in our instance we did not have the 'La Jolla Theme Branding' Plugin activated.  Once activated the missing display style records are available and the announcement is correctly raised.

Hi samogden,

Thanks for the solution , 

i m facing same issue in my project PROD instance.

if we activate "La Jolla" plugin will it shows any effect on Portal level ?  Kindly suggest your suggestions .

Hi Sironi,

As per the docs I believe it will only affect to portals /sp & /sp_config and only if you have not amended these previously.  Our portal is a custom one and has not seen any changes following activation of the plugin.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sam