The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal hyperlinks via email

Brendan Hallida
Kilo Guru

Hi all,

We would like to have emails going to the end users contain the portal link to their request / incident.   I am using email notifications.

The actual link that we have is the following:

Incident:

http://<instance>.service-now.com/sp?id=ticket&table=incident&sys_id=22b899754f112240f5333d501310c786

Request:

http://<instance>.service-now.com/sp?id=sc_request&table=sc_request&sys_id=9350c9f14fddee00f5333d501310c715

I have been doing some research, and found a lot pointing towards this wiki entry: Scripting for Email Notifications - ServiceNow Wiki

That entry has helped my understanding, however it is old and is referring to the ESS page.  

With the code that it suggests, it seems to always add incident.do?sysparm_document_key=incident in the code.

For example:

${CMS_URI+sp?id=ticket&table=incident}

https://<instance>.service-now.com/sp?id=ticket&table=incident.do?sysparm_document_key=incident,619dac624f09ea00f5333d501310c769

I know that I am missing something, hopefully someone out there can easily identify it.

Thanks in Advance!

Brendan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In our own instance I included Service Portal links by using an email notification script, the contents of which looks like:

(function runMailScript(/* GlideRecord */ current, /* TemplatePrinter */ template,

/* Optional EmailOutbound */ email, /* Optional GlideRecord */ email_action,

/* Optional GlideRecord */ event) {

var url = '<a href="' + gs.getProperty('glide.servlet.uri') + 'sp?id=ticket&table=' + current.sys_class_name + '&sys_id=' + current.sys_id + '">Link</a>';

template.print(url);

})(current, template, email, email_action, event);

I can then reference this in email notifications/templates by: ${mail_script:service_portal_link}

Note: The syntax highlighting looks a little off in the code snippet above, but you get the idea. I also replaced the name of our portal with "sp" to remain consistent with your example above.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Brendan Hallida
Kilo Guru

Anyone have any ideas?

In our own instance I included Service Portal links by using an email notification script, the contents of which looks like:

(function runMailScript(/* GlideRecord */ current, /* TemplatePrinter */ template,

/* Optional EmailOutbound */ email, /* Optional GlideRecord */ email_action,

/* Optional GlideRecord */ event) {

var url = '<a href="' + gs.getProperty('glide.servlet.uri') + 'sp?id=ticket&table=' + current.sys_class_name + '&sys_id=' + current.sys_id + '">Link</a>';

template.print(url);

})(current, template, email, email_action, event);

I can then reference this in email notifications/templates by: ${mail_script:service_portal_link}

Note: The syntax highlighting looks a little off in the code snippet above, but you get the idea. I also replaced the name of our portal with "sp" to remain consistent with your example above.

Wow, thanks Dylan!

That worked a treat.

Cheers,

Brendan!

But after clicking the link, was the user taken into the portal DIRECTLY to the ticket?  

We are having problems with them only getting to the Portal Welcome screen after logging in after clicking the link.