Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Exam will be charged in future?

RichGK1
Mega Expert

I've just heard a rumor that ServiceNow want to start charging $100 for the Delta exams in future? Is this correct?

Seems quite harsh considering the speed with which new versions are released. Also not everyone is earning huge amounts of $.

19 REPLIES 19

Robert Fedoruk
Tera Sage
Tera Sage

As that was announced slightly ahead of McDermot's getting entrenched, I'm content to wait and see.

Feel you on the second point.  I've sacrificed $12,000 and I can't even get an update on the mechanical issues preventing me from getting my main line PA Cert.

What is the "McDermot's getting entrenched"?

cjishida
Giga Contributor

It was my understanding for mainline exams it will be $300 and for deltas it will be $100 annual per person, regardless of # of deltas you take, but only for on-demand courses.  I don't know when in 2020 this will go into effect, but I'm with @Robert Fedoruk on his 'wait and see' comment.

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Yea, I've heard rumor too, but not any specific details. I can agree that $100 a pop per Delta is a bit much, but I know they will end up doing something. When the Deltas as a "thing" was first introduced they mentioned that it wouldn't remain free for the long term.

With SN requiring specific classes and getting more money upfront, I wouldn't suspect it being a "huge" charge...but there are a LOT of people who only paid $150, got their cert, and for a LONG time never even needed to do any refreshing (Deltas) as they didn't exist, now they get to take Deltas and that's it. So...I'm sure SN wants some money somewhere down the line, haha.

As the others have mentioned, guess we'll have to "wait and see" 🙂

Please consider marking my reply as Helpful and/or Accept Solution, if applicable. Thanks!
I invite you to visit my ServiceNow focused YouTube channel: Allenovation!