Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-expand Inbound mails on Incident activity

domaners
Kilo Guru

Is it possible to allow Emails displayed on the Incident activity UI Formatter to be automatically expanded when an Incident is opened? As we give most of our caller updated via the email button, it would be useful for our analysts to be able to see all of the updates at a glance, rather than having to click the + sign on each item. If this could be switched on / off per user then even better! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Andre Moreira
Kilo Expert

Hi Adam Domanski,

With a little of jQuery Magic you can do it:

($$("img[onclick*='ActivityFilter.activityEmailToggle']")).each(function(item){item.click()});

Here the documentation:

Attribute Contains Selector [name*="value"] | jQuery API Documentation

[]'s

Andre Moreira

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

solutioningnow
Giga Guru

Hi Adam,

Went through the system propeties available in the wiki, http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Available_System_Properties

Unfortunately it seems like their is no OOB property for your requirement, will suggest you to have a quick look on the above link for your reference on that.

What i will suggest you to do is to write a OnLoad script on your incident table and play with some DOM (though not recommended by servicenow ACE tool ). But some or the other time it is defended if it is a Business requirement for you.

let me know if you require any DOM help. I can surely built a sample or the solution for you on that

Please mark answer as correct, if it was really helpful 🙂

Regards,

Solutioner

Logo.png

Enhance Knowledge NOW@ www.solutioningnow.com

http://www.solutioningnow.com/

Andre Moreira
Kilo Expert

Hi Adam Domanski,

With a little of jQuery Magic you can do it:

($$("img[onclick*='ActivityFilter.activityEmailToggle']")).each(function(item){item.click()});

Here the documentation:

Attribute Contains Selector [name*="value"] | jQuery API Documentation

[]'s

Andre Moreira

Cheers Andre, I'll give it a try. One question, how do I include the Jquery libraries into my instance? Is this done out of box?

I'm referring specifically to this line in the HTML header block:

<script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>

Cheers, Adam

Hi Adam Domanski,

The ServiceNow already has a jQuery file, that is autoloaded and you can call using jQuery too.

To further information you can check it out Extensions to Jelly Syntax - ServiceNow Enterprise Wiki

[]'s

Andre Moreira