The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change UI to UI16

lynettepinto
Kilo Expert

Hi,

Due to some reason my UI is changed to an older version, Can somebody tell me how to bring it back to UI 16.

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vaibhavbhatnaga
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

I hope UI16 plugin (com.glide.ui.ui16) is enable on your instance.

Try this doc https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_blog&sys_id=70bd2aa9dbd0dbc01dcaf3231f961991

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

johnboyland
Tera Contributor

Hi Lynettepinto, 

Does this issue only affect you as a user or everyone? 

If it's just yourself you have possibly changed this in your personal settings/ preferences. 

Click the Cog icon in the top right and there should be a button "Switch to UI16". 

Please let me know if this is not the case. 

lynettepinto
Kilo Expert

Hi John,

I cant find that option on my screen...

I'll send you a screenshot below for reference 

find_real_file.png

Thanks

dravvyramlochun
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello ,

As of Istanbul the permission system has changed for Responsive Dashboards, however if you upgraded it can still be impacted by your previous settings.

You can have a look at the documentation HERE

Dashboard permissions may also be impacted by the Restrict to role field on the dashboard properties form (can be changed by the dashboard owner, and users with pa_power _user, pa_admin, or admin roles), and by dashboard group permissions (can be changed by users with the pa_power_user, pa_admin, and admin roles).

Thanks,
Dravvy

Please Hit Helpful or Correct depending on the impact of the response

dravvyramlochun
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello,

You can switch between the UI16 and UI15 user interface versions.

Before you begin

Role required: admin
About this task

After UI16 is activated, all users see the enhanced UI16 user interface. By default, administrators see a button at the top of the System Settings window that lets them switch between UI16 and UI15. The administrator can add a system property to configure other roles that see the button.

Procedure

Click the gear icon (Gear icon) in the banner frame to open the System Settings window.
Click Switch to UI15 or Switch to UI16.
The button that displays is based on which UI version you are using when you open System Settings.
The application refreshes with the selected UI. Your homepage appears in the content frame. You can access your favorites on the Edge (UI15) or in the favorites tab of the application navigator (UI16).

Reference: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-platform-user-interface/page/administer/navigation-and-ui...

Thanks,
Dravvy

Please Hit Helpful or Correct depending on the impact of the response