Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Portal and SSO not working together

Goran WitchDoc
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

So,

I've been hijacking a few thread but I think I might end up better with a own thread for this specific case.

I've been testing around with the Demo Service Portal(SP) that comes along with ServiceNow so I can build my own.

My problem is this:

We want our first page(index) to be public and perhaps a few others. This isn't a problem, just check the "public" field and we are good to go.

Problem is that some other pages isn't suppose to be public and if the user isn't logged in, I want them to get to our SSO(ADFS). I can't get the Service Portal to redirect to the SSO.

This is what I have tested and my conclusions.

1. If I go to sys_public.list and add false to $sp page. It will redirect me to SSO when I go the the portal, so then it's working. but first page shall be public.

I've tried to add other pages like sc_category(the pages to use when I want to use a record producer and use the icon_link widget) to the sys_public and set to false without progress.

2. I've just for fun tested to make sc_category as public, but the same problem there.

3. If I have a login page. it will redirect to it, but that isn't the SSO and people can't log in there...

So I'm hoping someone out there has been in my seat and know the simple solution 😃

//Göran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

patrick_wilson
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

The best advice I can offer is to reference our documentation on SSO and service portal, which can be found here: documentation/sso_configuration.md at master · service-portal/documentation · GitHub

If that fails you, please feel free to open an incident on HI! Though I suspect that stepping through the documentation linked above should be of assistance.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I've looked into that documentation and it works for the "$sp" part. but sadly not when that page is public and others not. I'm throwing up a HI ticket and see what they can come up with. I'll post the solution here when I know more.

//Göran

I have done a quick workaround while digging deeper why this isn't working like it should(?)...

I've put a HTML widget on the landing page with some code that redirects direct to our SSO solution. It works... but it's really a workaround and I hope SN will come up with something better. I can't imagine this being the OOB solution if you want to mix public and none public pages on Service Portal and have a SSO in the background for authentication.

//Göran