The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/10 Expert Q&A: Project Portfolio Management (PPM)

Lisa Latour
Administrator
Administrator

Ask the ExpertsPlease join us as we go through an overview of the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) applications and discuss best practices for our most common use cases. This will include an overview that starts with Demand Management and then expands into Project and Resource Management as well as Portfolio Planning.   PPM applications are part of ServiceNow's IT Business Management product, helping IT run like a business delivering Visibility, Strategic Alignment, and Increased Velocity in service and application delivery.

Join us on this discussion to watch the YouTube and post your questions below!

Originally recorded August 10, 2017

Featured Expert

Pradeep_Bansal.jpg

Pradeep Bansal, Senior Manager of Product Management — PPM for ServiceNow, has more than 14 years expertise in Project and Program Management, Portfolio Planning and Resource Management. He's designed key PPS features such as Portfolio and Resource workbenches and Planning Console among others. His current focus includes advanced planning capabilities and user experience enhancements.

Updated Youtube Video (2019)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXebIUvuraw&feature=youtu.be

Old YouTube Link > https://youtu.be/r6Epbf9HlYY

29 REPLIES 29

lynnedav
Kilo Explorer

How do I register for this event -- pressing the register option just brings me back to this page

Hi Lynne, No registration required!   Just come to this page - and watch the YouTube Live - You''ll need to be logged in to post your questions HERE! and Pradeep will answer them on this discussion!

Hi,

The video is awesome to get started with PPM. Could you please share documentation on the whole PPM process which will be much helpful throughout the phase

tommiea_
Kilo Contributor

Hi.   Question for tomorrow's forum.   We have a blended PM framework of Waterfall and Agile.   Development teams primarily use Kanban boards, with one team using sprints.   We commit to a total project delivery date (waterfall), running development through agile.   My question is around Resource/Capacity management.   A developer could be working on project X for 1 hour, then pull in the next story which is for project Y.   And a developer may have multiple application/technology skills.   We keep backlogs to maximize team velocity, prioritizing work based on project delivery dates.   In SN's resource management module how do you account for this?   This being a developer allocates time to the next story in the queue regardless of the project it may be tied to.   How do I know when Jane Doe will be free to work on Project Z if the goal of agile is to keep a full backlog so teams are always fully utilized?   thx!