The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross scope privilege issue in Scoped Application

nayanparekh
Kilo Contributor

Hi,

I have created one scoped application, in which there is an UI actions which has the the condition value set as "gs.hasRole('[roleName]')".

Due to this my application shows an entry in the tab "Cross scope privilege" as "Glide API: user roles and groups"

find_real_file.png

I had submitted this application for certification, and as a feedback they stated that while loading the page (which has the UI action) they are receiving an error as stated below

find_real_file.png

I am not sure, why this error is occurring, since it already has a cross scope privilege access.

Can anyone help with this or at least let me know if I need to include any dependencies in my application to bypass this issue.

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Nayan,

Most likely the issue might be the "cross scope privileges" file is missing when you are publishing your app for certification.

Can you check on cert instance if this record is available in sys metadata i.e go to application->check for tab "Application file"->

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 11.54.30 PM.png

>Open in different tab and now group by class. From here please check if this record exist on this(cert) instance or not.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

HI Nayan,

Are you able to load the app on a 'test' instance a reproduce it (the same way the certification team does)?

Hi Chuck,

My company has two instances of ServiceNow and I do development of Scoped Application in one instance and then deploy it on another instance for testing. The weird part is that while testing on the instance I was not able to reproduce the issue.

I installed the application onto a trial developer instance using update sets, but the issue was not reproduced there as well.

Note - I was only able to observe the issue on a instance provided by the certifiers team (the instance version was Helsinki, same as my current version)

Regards,

Nayan Parekh

Are you able to see "Cross scope privilege" as "Glide API: user roles and groups" record in the certification instance as well? with Allowed state

Hi Srini,

Unfortunately, the ServiceNow team has revoked the access to the certification instance. So not in a position to verify the "Cross scope privilege" on it.

But considering that the privilege was not allowed in the certification instance, how did it get disable? I mean is there some configuration i need to provide so as not to make the "Cross scope privilege" disabled?

Regards,

Nayan Parekh