The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between the REQ, RITM, SCTASK, TASK? Need to know the Flow of these creations. Decribe briefly about the relationships between them? Which one is parent table and which one is the child table? Any kind of help will be appreciable

SrinivasPkl
Tera Contributor

Difference between the REQ, RITM, SCTASK, TASK?

Need to know the Flow of these creations. Decribe briefly about the relationships between them?

Which one is parent table and which one is the child table?

Any kind of help will be appreciable

14 REPLIES 14

Mark Stanger
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

'Task' is the parent table of all task-type records in the system.  It is the parent of REQ, RITM, and SCTASK.

When you order a catalog item, the system generates a single RITM record for each item in the cart at the time you order.  These RITM records are all grouped underneath a parent REQ record.

Depending on your workflow, you might also have SCTASK records that get generated as children of a RITM record.

Mehernosh Amrol
Kilo Guru

At the Top level you will have REQ.  Within the REQ you have can multiple RITMs.  With each RITM you can have various numbers of SCTasks.  I think Mark covered the Table properties well.

If you think of ordering a computer from Dell with a docking station and a monitor.  The Order Number is your REQ.  Then the individual items will have their RITMs.  The RITMs then have associated tasks within them.  Here's an example...  Hope this helps.

REQ0011072018

RITM0008331 Computer

SCTASK1 - Pick from Stock

SCTASK2 - Configure to requirements

SCTASK3 - Install requested software (if any)

SCTASK4 - QA (HOPEFULLY)

SCTASK5 - Pack and Ship

RITM0008332 Docking Station

SCTASK2 - Pack and Ship

RITM0008333 Monitor

SCTASK2 - Pack and Ship

HI @Mehernosh Amroli Thanks for the explanation. Quick question - is there a we can prevent email notifications going to persons who have a closed SCTASK on a RITM? Thanks!

I would check with your Admin Team.  My knowledge is that notifications should not go out unless designed for a specific reason.  There may be Business Rules that you can look into as well.