Announcing the Global SNUG Board of Directors. Learn more here

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody give realtime examples of Before, After, Async and Display Business Rules ? Please

gangasatishgurr
Giga Contributor

I want to know about Business rules with full clarification

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kalaiarasan Pus
Giga Sage

Let's say you are posting a question on community and community is your service now instance

First, I need to check that you not posting any offensive materials. I can have a before rule to check that. According to the rules setup by me, either allow or disallow the posting of the question (Transaction).

Second, after you have passed the rules of posting and posted the question successfully. Someone opens up your question and likes your question. I need to award you points once the like is successful. I can have a after business rule to set this up.

Third, you will need to get email trigger when someone comments on your question. It does not need to be immediate. I can have a async rule to trigger the email.

Finally, I need to update the number of views of your question. I can have a display business rule to update the counter related to your question ..

Clear enough ? Can't get more real time than this

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Pradeep Sharma
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Ganga,

Please check the section 2.1 in the below link.

Business Rules - ServiceNow Wiki

Kalai

the best and easiest explanation

Thanks

Kalaiarasan Pus
Giga Sage

Let's say you are posting a question on community and community is your service now instance

First, I need to check that you not posting any offensive materials. I can have a before rule to check that. According to the rules setup by me, either allow or disallow the posting of the question (Transaction).

Second, after you have passed the rules of posting and posted the question successfully. Someone opens up your question and likes your question. I need to award you points once the like is successful. I can have a after business rule to set this up.

Third, you will need to get email trigger when someone comments on your question. It does not need to be immediate. I can have a async rule to trigger the email.

Finally, I need to update the number of views of your question. I can have a display business rule to update the counter related to your question ..

Clear enough ? Can't get more real time than this

Thank you Kalaiarasan P

Please explain in terms of Incident or Problem form. need to get more clarification.