The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do ServiceNow have Webhooks? Any links/docs?

eidiko-test
Kilo Explorer

Hi Team,

I would like to know if ServiceNow provides web-hook concept to push the notifications.

Please provide supported links/documents if possible. Thanks a lot.

7 REPLIES 7

ramireddy
Mega Guru

No SNOW doesn't have web hooks. Closest you can have is "Events". In SNOW, you can define events for various table actions, For these events, you can add notifications, which allows you to write your own script.

Events and Email Notification - ServiceNow Wiki

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

This question has appeared on my radar several times in the past few weeks. I've asked our product management team to find out more. I'll respond with what I can find.

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi,

This is something currently being considered, but not implemented yet. The context I've seen webhooks is more of an event driven call where ServiceNow could let your third party app know when a record is updated, for example, without the remote system continuously polling "has the record been updated?" every few seconds/minutes. Is that similar to what you are looking for, or did you have another use case in mind?

Hi Chuck,

I'm sorry to revive a 4yo post of yours but what you are describing above is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. I want to avoid constantly polling the SNOW API to know if a specific assignment group has new tickets. Can you please share guidance on how this can be optimized with a webhook?