cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Notification Preferences

Alex Ng
Tera Contributor

Hi all,

I have a user that has disable a number of notifications received from the Notification Preferences from the his/her own User Profile.

Now, we wanted to add back the default ones in. Is there a way to reset this so all notifications that came from the system will send to this user instead of adding in one by one of the of the notifications that was removed from the preference?

Please advice.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marcguy
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

If you go to this table,   cmn_notif_message

https://xxx.service-now.com/cmn_notif_message_list.do

here is every preference stored for every user that has been sent a message, so you could find just that users records and change them all back to TRUE, or if you are allowed to(or raise a small change request ), i.e. because it's in PROD, you could delete just that users preferences it will basically start from afresh and just create a fresh one every time they are sent a different notification, so just like starting from new.

Marc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

marcguy
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

If you go to this table,   cmn_notif_message

https://xxx.service-now.com/cmn_notif_message_list.do

here is every preference stored for every user that has been sent a message, so you could find just that users records and change them all back to TRUE, or if you are allowed to(or raise a small change request ), i.e. because it's in PROD, you could delete just that users preferences it will basically start from afresh and just create a fresh one every time they are sent a different notification, so just like starting from new.

Marc

While deleting the records is certainly the correct answer, check out what happens to cmn_notif_message when you toggle a notification back to the "on" position...

Nothing happens in this table, so i am not sure if you can toggle them back on using the Notification Preferences GUI (Helsinki p4)...

As a result, we are going to create a catalog item to allow users to subscribe / unsubscribe to notifications.   This will allow us to tightly control the list of available options (some notifications are NOT optional).   The resulting deliverable will be entries to and deletions from the cmn_notif_message accordingly...

When we toggle notifications 'on' or 'off' in the cmn_notif_message table, the 'notification_filter' field value changes.

Toggle to off --> filter set to "unsubscribe" (OOB filter)

Toggle to on --> filter value is cleared

@Alex Ng - in order to reset user preferences, you can navigate to the 'cmn_notif_message' table, and clear out the 'notification_filter' field, wherever the value is 'unsubscribe'. This can be achieved via a simple background script and you wouldn't need to delete any records on the table.

@Sakshi14  - Even after updating the notification filter from the list view to Unsubscribe the toggle button is not changed to disable.

If I clear the filter then ideally the toggle button should be enabled but this is also not happening. Even after entering the records in the cmn_notif_message table  by either setting the filter field to blank or Unsubscribe there is no change at the Notification preference toggle buttons. Can you please help me resolve this issue. 

We have 2 new notifications created for which for a set of users we need to disable then by default. For this we entered records in the cmn_notif_message table with filter as Unsubscribe but it is not working. Please help !! 

Regards,

Snehal Khare