The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable attachment confirmations?

peterraeves
Mega Guru

Whenever you attach attachments through 'Manage attachments > Choose files', you get these annoying confirmation popups. This wastes a lot of time. Is it possible to turn them off? Is there a property for this?

Image 3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stephenskerritt
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

The Users accessibility setting determines whether they see the pop-up or not;

find_real_file.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ankur Bawiskar
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi Peter,

I think in out of the box functionality this is not present. Which version you are using?

Also check if anyone updated the out of the box ui page of attachment

Mark Correct if this solves your issue and also hit Like and Helpful if you find my response worthy based on the impact.

Thanks

Ankur

Regards
Ankur

Jakarta P6

Hi Peter,

Any update on this?

Can you mark my answer as correct, helpful and hit like if you were able to achieve the requirement. This helps in removing this question from unanswered list and helps users to learn from your thread. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ankur

Regards
Ankur

Sebastiaan de V
Giga Expert

I believe this alert is called from the refreshAttachments function in client script part of the UI page for attachment (called attachment). It checks for some accessibility flag, but I couldn't find where this is set so quickly, maybe in your accessibility properties (global or on the user).

It's this alert:

if (g_accessibility)

alert(fileName + " " + anchor.title);

if you search you'll find that the anchor.title contains the text "...Attached by .."