The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-row variable does not support Variable Attributes "ref_qual_elements". Is there a solution?

Tony V
Mega Guru

I have a multi-row variable where I am trying to filter one variable based on another variable and it is not working. Here is what is happening (or not happening):

• MRV internal name is mrv_name
  • variable_1 is a lookup select box to table.field1
  • variable_2 is a lookup select box to table.field2
  • variable_2 has a reference qualifier of javascript: 'field1=' + current.variables.variable_1 
  • variable_2 has a Variable Attribute of:  ref_qual_elements=variable_1 

I know that the reference qualifier works because if variable_1 has a default value then variable_2 is properly filtered on form load. However when variable_1 changes value, the filter on variable_2 is not updated. This method of course works perfectly on standard variables on the catalog item.

I found this thread where the OP was having a similar problem. One response was to change the Variable Attributes to ref_qual_elements=mrv_name. I tried this but it had no effect (it did not for the OP either).

So I am at a stopping point. If I can't get this to work then I can make the entire MRV read-only and add to it from a script but then I lose the ability to delete rows (I can live without the ability to modify rows).

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Jace Benson
Mega Sage

I'll see if I can make a short video how to make this work.

A caveats.  1.  From what I understand, the dependencies must exist in the current ROW of the mvrs.  They cannot use a variable outside of the row.

siva_
Giga Guru

Hello Tony ,

We had a situation where there were no reference qualifiers working on Look up select box variables  in a MRVS and we raised a hi  ticket for the same 

and the solution proposed is as below : 

Solution Proposed: Please upgrade to Madrid Patch 5 to get the fix for this issue

Thanks,

Siva

Mark this response as correct if that really helps

Thanks.

I found PRB1321593 in the patch 5 release note. It is not exactly the same thing as it refers to variables on the RITM whereas I am on the catalog item but I bet it is the same solution. I submitted a HI ticket late yesterday so we will see if they confirm.