The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you add the same request item multiple times from an order guide?

kristenankeny
Tera Guru

We have a software request form in another platform that allows users to select one or more standard software and/or one non-standard software. In translating this to ServiceNow, we are thinking we have one software form that only allows one software selection (standard or non-standard), then from an order guide the user would indicate that they need to order X software. We'd like it to then proceed to display the software form X times, each to be completed and then submitted. (Depending on the selection, a different series of approvals and tasks will be needed, thus the reason for one software per request item). How would we go about doing this?

7 REPLIES 7

Ravi Prasad1
Giga Guru

I think you can use "Continue shopping" button on checkout page . To see this button on check out page of the order guide .

You need to make the property "glide.sc.use_cart_layouts" as true.

find_real_file.png

This looks like there are unique forms by software selected? Is this done by maintaining software models and publishing them to the catalog? In our current system, to reduce maintenance of forms we have a single form pulling data from a table maintained by the asset team. This way as they add/remove software or change details around them, it does not require a form update as well. We are just starting our implementation and trying to balance a simple user experience with utilizing the new functionality in ServiceNow.

kristenankeny
Tera Guru

We've gone the route of planning to publish software to the product catalog, as demonstrated by Ravi. I'm working on a dynamic solution that will not require us to write a rule for each software possible. I'm as far as being able to grab the cart and the list collector array and updating the sc_cart_item table with the selected items and the current crumb and current crumb history, but the list collector items are not showing as tabs once you click choose options. I'm working on a solution and I can share that once it's figured out. If anyone knows off the top of their head how to fix the order guide display, the information would be much appreciated.

I am still working with our consulting company to resolve this one. We've found that while we can successfully push the appropriate sys_ids into the two crumb fields, they are cleared at some point before the "choose options" page loads. This is still an open issue.