The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a Jira attachment to ServiceNow

Sergio26
Mega Guru

Hello,

I'm working on a ServiceNow-Jira integration and the next step is to copy an Jira attachment in ServiceNow for a incident that already exists.

I'm using Jira webhooks events to trigger subflows in Flow Designer. I checked some posts in the forums and I was thinking using the wenhook event 'attachment_created'. However, after doing some tests what I'm finding odd is that this webhook event doesn't return any information about the Jira issue the attachment was added to. So I don't have any ways to find the corresponding incident in ServiceNow.

I also found that at the same time Jira also triggers the webhook event 'issue_updated' which one includes the information about the Jira issue and attachments.

Anyone knows how to do this, if I only want to use the webhook event 'attachment_created'?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I already consulted these articles and was able to create the required actions to copy the attachments. The problem is that normally you would want to trigger a subflow solely to copy attachments based on the Jira webhook event 'attachment_created'. This event is sent by Jira whenever an attachment is added to the issue.

However, the payload that comes with this webhook event 'attachment_created' doesn't include any information on the Jira issue which is needed to match the ServicecNow incident (correlation ID field).

One of the KB explains how to copy attachments but after a ServiceNow incident is created from Jira so in this case the ServiceNow record is already accessible.

The other KB only explains the actions to copy the attachments outside of a context of new ServiceNow incident or already existing.

Thank you

Anish8
Kilo Contributor

Hello Sergio,

I am trying to fetch the attachment from Jira to Servicenow, I have checked both the articles but still I couldn't fetch the attachment from Jira in Servicenow, it looks like I am missing something here, I have added logs in the scipt for debugging but everytime I am getting Undefined, could you please help me to find out the issue. Thanks in Advance!

Jet R
Tera Contributor

Hi @Sergio were you able to find solution on this? I have same requirement. Thanks