The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoped apps - can I allow scripted read access to global scope without allowing creation of business rules, too?

lss123
Tera Contributor

According to http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Application_Access_Settings#gsc.tab=0   and my own testing, if I grant read access to a globally-scoped table from a scoped application, that scoped application can now create business rules on that table.   I tested that I was able to even do an "abort action" in one of those business rules.

Is there a way or configuration that will allow scripted read access to a globally-scoped table but not allow scoped applications to put business rules on those tables, too?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Louis,

You need to actually set the application scope to *This scope only* to restrict access to create business rules.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Pradeep Sharma
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hello Louis,

Allow configuration at application access setting decides whether you can create the business rule on the table or not. This can be modified per table basis. However please note that if you intend to publish this app to store then any changes modified on OOTB table will be rejected during certification.

Those OOTB changes might be approved or rejected by ServiceNow cert team based on use case.

Note: Below is the wiki link with detailed info on additional restrictions across application scopes.

Creation Restrictions Across Application Scopes - ServiceNow Wiki

I thought that would be the case, but I have Allow Configuration set to false, and it still allows the business rule to be created.

Thanks for the update Louis. I will try this on my instance and will get back to you with an update.

Hello Louis,

You need to actually set the application scope to *This scope only* to restrict access to create business rules.