The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Go Live Support Plan Template Help

SarahH
Kilo Contributor

Hello,

We recently implemented ServiceNow at our facility, taking as much out of the box as we could but did some PPM customization.  We have a related list called Go Live Support Plan where our project team leads are expected to document their support plans for project go lives.  With that said, the data collection form is very simple, lacks particular elements, and is tedious to use.

find_real_file.png

As it stands the team lead can't designate a person, designated area, or range timeframe

So I have requested an optimization effort based on the excel go live support plans that we are continuing to use outside of SNOW. (see attachment for further detail)

Proposed design:

find_real_file.png

The above would allow the team lead to select a shift, an area, # of weeks of go live, a start date and if they hit submit/stay, the screen should refresh and display a # of tabs (based on the number of weeks) and a data entry grid below that has all the areas from the catalog in rows, and to allow direct entry of support staff details.  Ultimately this information should pull into a dashboard and a report for ease of communicating plans.

We are struggling to get there so I wanted to see what other facilities have done to document their go lives support plans.  I thank you in advance for reading this and any help you might give.

Thank you,

Sarah E. Hipkins

Project Manager, Sr. - IT PMO

sarah.hipkins@msj.org

Office:  828-213-4882

1 REPLY 1

sachin_namjoshi
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

You can follow below to implement your requirement

- Create custom table to store go live plans( you already have it).

- Create another custom table to store dynamic one to many relationships for go live plans to support information. 

- You need to configure business rule on your go live plan table to populate grid support embedded related list table after insert.

You can always create report on these tables which can be used in your communication plans dashboards.

Regards,

Sachin