The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use email templates in Major Incident communication?

Leander Burger
Tera Contributor

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure Major Incident Management on my PDI (London). I have activated the Major Incident plugin including the demo data.

On the communications tab in the Major Incident Workbench I would like to use email templates as shown in the demo video but I can't find out how to enable/configure this. I could'nt find anyhting about this in de documentations and nothing on the community so far. I've added a screenshot of how it looks now on my PDI.

Hope someone is able to help me out. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alberto Consonn
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi,

just to be sure, did you already follow the procedure described below?

Major Incident Workbench Communication Tab

Here they're mentioning that you should modify the OOB template, have a look at this topic discussion as well, it might help you.

Please, remember to mark Correct or Helpful if you find my response useful.

Cheers
Alberto

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Alberto Consonn
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi,

just to be sure, did you already follow the procedure described below?

Major Incident Workbench Communication Tab

Here they're mentioning that you should modify the OOB template, have a look at this topic discussion as well, it might help you.

Please, remember to mark Correct or Helpful if you find my response useful.

Cheers
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

I didn't follow the lab at all yet because I didn't know of it's existence. I've only used the information in the docs this far. Im going to'follow the lab now and report back.

Thanks,

Leander

Sure, have a look of it and let me know, it should be possible to do it.

Cheers

Alberto

Leander Burger
Tera Contributor

Hi Alberto,

So i've completed the lab and found the answer I was looking for. Thanks a lot! 

The solution more specifically was: Create a communication plan -> create task definitions-> after creating a definition add the email as a channel to the the definition and select the appropriate email template.

A step by step is found in the link you've added to the post. 

Thanks again!