The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contextual Search in Service Portal for Istanbul?

Nia McCash
Mega Sage
Mega Sage

Has anyone had any luck in implementing the workaround for "PRB692368: Contextual search on record producers does not work in Service Portal" as documented in KB0610534?

What is the name of the Macro to be used in Step 5? Is it: cxs_rp_search?   If so, that's what I have and it's still not working.

I can't seem to get it working and I'm not sure if I'm just missing a step or the workaround just doesn't work as is for Istanbul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jon Barnes
Kilo Sage

Yes, I got this working. Once you configure your record producer to have contextual search, a macro variable should be added automatically to your record producer list of variables. Find that macro (the one called Contextual Search Results), and go to default value tab. In that tab, you will see a field called Widget. In that field, you need to select a widget called "PRB692368 Workaround". If you can't find that widget, make sure you import that xml from that KB.

If you need to add the macro yourself, then yes, the macro to select is cxs_rp_search. Just make sure you also select the widget as specified above.

Here are the key settings in my variable:

Question: Contextual Search Results

Name: contextual_search_results

Macro: cxs_rp_search

Widget: PRB692368 Workaround

let me know if that works

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Jon Barnes
Kilo Sage

Yes, I got this working. Once you configure your record producer to have contextual search, a macro variable should be added automatically to your record producer list of variables. Find that macro (the one called Contextual Search Results), and go to default value tab. In that tab, you will see a field called Widget. In that field, you need to select a widget called "PRB692368 Workaround". If you can't find that widget, make sure you import that xml from that KB.

If you need to add the macro yourself, then yes, the macro to select is cxs_rp_search. Just make sure you also select the widget as specified above.

Here are the key settings in my variable:

Question: Contextual Search Results

Name: contextual_search_results

Macro: cxs_rp_search

Widget: PRB692368 Workaround

let me know if that works

That's the step I was missing! There was no screenshot for it in the instructions so I breezed by that step entirely.   Thanks.

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please attach XML file of PRB692368 Workaround?

Regards

Swamy

The XML is available at ServiceNow KB: Contextual search on record producers does not work in Service Portal (KB0610534) - not sure what happened to the link in my original post. Will correct it.