The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages on Profile Types

k_montgomery
Giga Contributor

We have 4 profile types in GRC. 2 of our profile types are giving messages/errors:

1..This profile type is related to documents and content that are either generating or retiring items.

2.. Only the name and description can be modified. It cannot be deactivated or deleted at this time.

We have not made any changes to our profiles since creating them months ago. We are still in the implementation phase of mapping profiles to policy statements and assigning attestations. 

These errors have been popping up for about 2 weeks.

We use the UCF feed for our authority docs.

Any clue on where to look that has these locked?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SeanBarrett
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Occasionally, there are (generating/retiring) items that get "stuck" in a table - sn_grc_item_generation.  If you go in there and clear it out, it will fix your problem.

I was told there was a known PRB being worked on, but can't seem to find it.  I will update this thread when I do.

Sean

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SeanBarrett
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Occasionally, there are (generating/retiring) items that get "stuck" in a table - sn_grc_item_generation.  If you go in there and clear it out, it will fix your problem.

I was told there was a known PRB being worked on, but can't seem to find it.  I will update this thread when I do.

Sean

Hi Sean,

When you say clear out, should we delete the records or change the value for "Running" field?

No need to delete the records but change the state of the corresponding item to "Complete".