The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cumulative flow diagram for group?

jamiegordon
Kilo Contributor

I'd like to make a Cumulative Flow diagram of ticket state for my group. The area graph doesn't quite do it for me. This is a pretty common report for Lean/Kanban teams.

Any help?

I'm looking for something like this:

Cumulative.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

kenappell
Kilo Guru

Hi James,

You're not going to find anything that fits your requirements OOB. You'd need to create a new table that aggregates your data before you can use an area chart to display the cumulative results. You're best bet is to export to excel, pivot the data, and use some basic formulas to aggregate for you.   There are many great Excel tips out there to help you once you've exported.

Good luck!

JosephW1
Tera Guru

Hey James,

I know this post is 6 years old - but I stumbled on it so others might too - and I just wanted to add some information to help others who end up here and perhaps draw attention to a potential request we can make to ServiceNow.

I know kenappel recommended some new data or an excel workaround, but I think what you're actually looking for is a stacked area chart. ServiceNow's area charts currently come only in a overlapping variant - not a stacked variant - though, unfortunately, this one size does not fit all.

The good news is that ServiceNow's Performance Analytics Content Pack for Agile 2.0 comes with such a stacked area chart that does exactly what you're looking for. You can see a sneak peek of it on this page. As you can see, ServiceNow knows how to render a stacked area chart, but unfortunately they have not yet made a way for us - their customers - to utilize their analytics platform to make our own custom stacked area charts. Hopefully we can find a way to get ServiceNow to give their customers the ability to leverage this feature - which they've already implemented elsewhere - in our custom indicators and hopefully even in sys_reports. This would be a good request or idea to submit to ServiceNow.

Kind Regards,

Joseph