cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOM Integration

Ermanno Travagl
Tera Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the integration between SNOW (Geneva) and SCOM in order to gather all the events/alerts from the monitoring platform.

Basically, I followed the "Configure the SCOM connector instance" guide but I didn't understand if anything is missing, even because I can't see "Collection of metric data" checkbox.

How can I gather from SNOW all the monitoring information generated by SCOM? Is it enough configuring the connector instance or there are further steps to be followed?

Thanks in advance,

E.

1 REPLY 1

Tony Branton
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

The SCOM event connector requires DLLs to be copied from the SCOM management server to a specific directory on the MID Server.   The DLLs are uploaded to the correct directory on the MID Server via the JAR Files menu selection (as per the guide).

Provided you've done this, entered SCOM credentials and supplied the correct information in the Connector Instance record, you should be able to successfully connect to the SCOM management server when you test the Connector Instance record, and begin collecting events.

Collection of metric data is only supported in the Istanbul release and you MUST enable the ITOM Metric Management plugin.   You also need to configure a MID Server to use for metric collection as per the instructions in Getting started with Operational Metrics in the Product Documentation.   We recommend using a dedicated MID Server for metric collection.

Hope this helps.