Announcing the Global SNUG Board of Directors. Learn more here

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Licensing works for ServiceNow?

Rajanmehta
Mega Guru

Hello

I am new to ServiceNow and wanted to find out how Licensing works?

I have some idea that, we have to pay licensing fees for Admin and ITIL users roles.

Is there licensing fees for each type of roles? Do we have to pay licensing fees for users with pa-viewer role? (Performance Analytics viewer)

Please advise.

Thanks,

Rajan Mehta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Goran WitchDoc
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

License is a djungle and changes now and then. Resulting that not all customers have the same license type depending on when it was bought. I would recommend to talk with the ServiceNow representive.

But roughly, and latest I was in touch with it... ServiceNow is built on modules. You got some "plattform" like knowledge, CMDB, Workflow etc. They are in accessible from all other modules. Then you got Plattform runtime licence. This is if you just using custom apps, Then you got ITSM for the "normal" ITIL thingies. PA, Facility etc. got a own license and so on.

And yea, what I know, you don't pay licenses for the end users.

This was just to get the big picture.

//Göran

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Goran WitchDoc
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

License is a djungle and changes now and then. Resulting that not all customers have the same license type depending on when it was bought. I would recommend to talk with the ServiceNow representive.

But roughly, and latest I was in touch with it... ServiceNow is built on modules. You got some "plattform" like knowledge, CMDB, Workflow etc. They are in accessible from all other modules. Then you got Plattform runtime licence. This is if you just using custom apps, Then you got ITSM for the "normal" ITIL thingies. PA, Facility etc. got a own license and so on.

And yea, what I know, you don't pay licenses for the end users.

This was just to get the big picture.

//Göran

Thanks Goran for your response.

Hi,

I have lots of doubts with End Users. Of course they can create incident, request, etc using a RP and write comments without license. But can they make other actions without license like fill a specific field of the incident’s record througt a custom widget?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Tom Alday
Mega Guru

There a 3 types of users that interact with ServiceNow:

Requester - These are non-licensed users that can access self service portals like Service Catalog, CMS/Service Portal, Knowledge Base, etc and can request services. They can create a request, view it and modify it. These are typically your "users", people that put in tickets and things like that looking for help from IT

Approver - Has all the rights included above but has the additional right to approve/deny requests assigned to them. This is a pay license. It is typically for managers or budget people to approve requests that cost money. It can also be used for Change Advisory Board members. Basically any person that needs to approve/deny a request should have this license

Fulfiller - Top level, most access account. Reserved for users that will actively be working on records, moving them between groups, closing them out etc. If you're using ServiceNow in mostly an IT use case, all your technicians, engineers and basically anyone that can be "assigned" a ticket should have this level of licensing. It is the most expensive (i think) but also gives the potential for the most access to the platform.  

Anyway, you should also contact your sales rep for prices