Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Portal - Always show Requests

Steven Parker
Mega Sage

Is there a way to ALWAYS show Requests on the portal so even if someone has nothing open they can still get to the "View All Open/Closed Requests and Incidents"?

I've looked in the Portal and I've looked in the Service Portal Menus in the backend of ServiceNow, but I don't see where I can enable this like on a Simple List.   I may need to edit the My Request widget (which I've cloned to My Open Request) in order to make it always show, but I am not sure how to do this.

find_real_file.png

find_real_file.png

I essentially want them to always be able to get to this page by clicking "Requests" at the top and clicking "View all Open/Closed Request and Incidents" even if they have nothing currently open.

find_real_file.png

Please mark this response as correct and/or helpful if it assisted you with your question.
Steven
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For anyone else with this issue, I figured it out.

- Go to Service Portal -> Menus and click on the "Header Menu" that has the title of "SP Header Menu"

- Scroll down to the bottom on the next screen and click on the "Angular ng-templates" tab and click on "menuTemplate"

- You need to delete the 2 highlighted bits below in order to always show Requests/Approvals:

find_real_file.png

Easy...just had to find it.

Please mark this response as correct and/or helpful if it assisted you with your question.
Steven

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

sachin_namjoshi
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

Hi,

You need to clone OOB widgets and update server script add Query in your cloned widgets to see open, closed tickets.

find_real_file.png

Regards,

Sachin

I don't want the widget to show open or closed tickets.   I just want the word "Requests" to be there at all times even if I have NO open requests/incidents.  

I want users to ALWAYS be able to click Requests and see the link highlighted below...even if they have no open requests.   Right now, if they have no open requests/incidents the "Requests" link in the header goes away.   I need it to stay there at all times.

find_real_file.png

Steven

For anyone else with this issue, I figured it out.

- Go to Service Portal -> Menus and click on the "Header Menu" that has the title of "SP Header Menu"

- Scroll down to the bottom on the next screen and click on the "Angular ng-templates" tab and click on "menuTemplate"

- You need to delete the 2 highlighted bits below in order to always show Requests/Approvals:

find_real_file.png

Easy...just had to find it.

Steven

Note for future adventurers:

This trick stopped working in Jakarta.   This is because the "Header Menu" widget changed. I didn't need the new cart features, so I just loaded in the old "Header Menu" widget from pre-Jakarta.   It started working again.

There are other ways to accomplish this too, but this is how I was able to get it running again.