The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grant access to all Incidents for non ITIL user

zetaimmersion
Kilo Contributor

I am trying to grant access to all incidents for a non ITIL user (restrictions will be enforced after).

I created a role ('read only') and I have granted access to the INC table but they do not see any tickets (other than their own).

How can this be accomplished without scripting (or minimal scripting)?

4 REPLIES 4

Jon Barnes
Kilo Sage
There is a business rule on the incident table causing this. I think it is called “incident query”. It is a before-query business rule that filters down incidents like you described. You can de-activate this BR but you will likely have to update the write ACLs for incident table or anyone with itil role will be able to update any incident.

Robert Fedoruk
Tera Sage
Tera Sage

Don't create a role.  By doing so you're increasing your license exposure.
If you *MUST* do this, modify the OOB "Incident Query" business rule but do not de-activate it, nor remove all restrictions.

As a general rule (and I'd check with your compliance folks about this), it is not advised for all users to be able to see all other users' incident complaints.

This is doubly true if you're using email as an intake, since there's no upper limit on the absolutely stupid stuff people will email to X@ServiceNow.com.  I've seen credit card numbers with addresses and phone numbers, social security numbers, suicide notes, board decisions to oust C-level staff... scary stuff.

Shiri
Kilo Contributor

Did you get a response for this question?

We want to see if there is a way for someone who is added to the watch list to see / review the incident and comments.

Usually these are higher up managers that are just CC'd on specific incidents.

Dhananjay Pawar
Kilo Sage

Hello Zeta

Please check below community link it will help you.

https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=9e3b8beddb5cdbc01dcaf3231f9619df

If it helps you then please mark it as Helpful and correct.

Thanks,

Dhananjay.