The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable login.do?

timb3
Kilo Explorer

We are using single sign-on, and would like to restrict access to local logins.  The glide.authentication.external.disable_local_login system property is set to true, and glide.authenticate.failed_requirement_redirect is set as well, but I can still get in via login.do.  Is there another property that needs to be set to prevent this?

I've renamed the side_door.do, and this will be our way to log in if there is a SSO issue, we just want to prevent someone from trying login.do.

9 REPLIES 9

Jaspal Singh
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

Hi,

Link should help.

Thanks,

Jaspal Singh

Hit Helpful or Correct on the impact of response.

timb3
Kilo Explorer

Both of those articles discuss the settings we already have set, and they aren't acting the way that I'd expect (the login.do page is still usable).  Configuring the CMS plugin seems like an overly complex solution.

This property glide.authentication.external.disable_local_login require SSO credentials even for the main ServiceNow login page. So, you can use this. Its safe.

Also, you can customize the login page by going to content management > pages > clean login.

That might help you.

Also, their is a language macro by which you can change the behaviour of login page but these things are not come under best practices.

Please mark my answer correct and helpful if my answer helped u. Thank you.